Inspiring Sport Capital
A European investment company dedicated to the sports industry, addressing the 2 following sub-segments: Sporting Goods Manufacturers with a strong technical DNA, and New Technologies applied to Sports. These sectors are rich of innovation, synergies and growth opportunities. Beyond financial resources, we create value at investee companies by unlocking the specific leverages of the sports industry (sponsorship, marketing rights, contents, communities, networking). We are long-term investors supported by strategic advisors, well-known family offices and entrepreneurs.
A top investment opportunity for Private Equity
With a global market exceeding €600bn and an annual growth at 7% exceeding global economy, the sports industry has developed into one the largest economic sector, and over-performs with an average trading EV/EBITDA ratio of 12x vs. 7x for all others.
As a very fragmented market, made of well-known SME’s but with limited resources operating in different fields of activities, the sports industry is a top investment opportunity for Private Equity, offering high returns perspectives with a diversified risk profile.
Our investment strategy
1. Sporting Goods Manufacturers with strong technical DNA, and sport performance know-how especially in Cycling, Running, Action Sports, Outdoor Sports, Tennis, Fitness & Yoga, and Equipment for Clubs.
2. New Technologies applied to sports, in relation with current and future social trends / usages: Quantified self, connected devices, live interactive content & gaming, communities & e-commerce.
We address the €10-50m transaction value range, investing €5-20m tickets in buyout and growth equity situations.
We support companies and projects on the mid / long term with a hands-on approach, and following characteristics: specific know-how, ability to growth internationally and to improve the operational performance, ability to raise complementary financial resources through co-invest or crowd-funding.
Who we are
Laurent founded and lead until 2013, the Community Group, a sports marketing firm, as well as Community Unlimited, an international network of independent sponsorship agencies.
Yoann graduated from HEC, Paris.
René Berger, Mercedes F1 and Next March
Alberto Bichi, European sporting goods industry
Lucien Boyer, Vivendi, former Havas SE
Olivier Cantet, former Oakley Europe and Rip Curl
Jonathan Edwards, Olympic & World Champion
Christophe Favre, Forrester Research
Pascal Grizot, Alyan Group and Ryder Cup 2018
Andy Gugenheimer, AG Sport Group and MyMoneyTime
Sally Hancock, Women in Sport, Consultant in sponsorship strategy
Marc Madiot, FDJ Cycling Team
Patrick Mouratoglou, Mouratoglou Tennis Academy, Serena Williams’ coach
Nathalie Zimmermann-Nénon, Kantar Media
Giving back to the sports community
We aim at creating a virtuous circle by:
– Supporting R&D and Innovation by promoting networks of knowledge and cross-border workshops;
– Supporting top-level athletes through coaching and educational programmes;
– Help educating and creating social link for children with NGO.